Thank you for your interest in PS 340 - The Sixth Avenue Elementary School.
The Pre-K and Kindergarten offers for children born in 2018/2017 have been released. You can still add your names to the waitlist. Important: We are listed as The Sixth Avenue Elementary School (02M340) in MySchools.
If you have accepted a seat in our Pre-K or Kindergarten program, please accept/decline your offer in MySchools and check your email about coming in to register for Fall 2022.
We will resume information sessions and tours next year for the Fall 2023 application season.
Applying to Kindergarten and Pre-K for Fall 2022: You may still add your name to the waitlist.
You can apply either online through your MySchools account, or by calling 718-935-2009.
All families with children born in 2017 can apply to Kindergarten
All families with children born in 2018 can apply to Pre-K
For more information on admissions, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade .
- Confirm your zoned elementary school using this link.
- Create an account or log into your MySchools account at www.myschools.nyc and check that all information (address, birthday, etc) is correct.
- Very Important - If you have an older sibling who will be at PS 340 in Fall 2022, make sure they are linked together on your account so you can receive sibling priority.
- You can list up to 12 programs on your application in your order of preference.
- Submit your application by the deadline. You should be able to make changes to your application up until the due date. It is not first come, first served so take your time.
Admissions Priority: In District 2, priority admissions go to students who live in the zone. If space allows, students living outside the zone may be offered a seat off the waitlist in the following order:
Non-zoned students who will have a sibling at PS 340 in Fall 2022
Current non-zoned Pre-K Students (for kindergarten applicants)
- All other non-zoned students who live in District 2
Non zoned students who live outside of District 2
Gifted and Talented: PS 340 does not have a G&T program at our school.
All Other Registrations: Families living in the PS 340 zone with children entering First Grade through Fifth grade should contact Reni, the Parent Coordinator (917-305-1000) or email ReniM.email@example.com.
DOE Information Sessions
For all NYC families with children born in 2017, 2018, and 2019: The DOE will be hosting virtual information session covering 3-K, pre-K, and kindergarten admissions. After the presentation, we will respond to their questions. During each online event, we will discuss:
- How to learn about schools and programs.
- How to navigate MySchools.nyc, the online school directory and application system.
- How to get ready now to apply later.
The content of each event is the same, but different interpretation services will be provided for different events, as follows:
- November 16, 2pm to 3pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Spanish, Bangla, Korean
- November 18, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Chinese (Mandarin), Urdu, Haitian Creole
- November 30, 2pm to 3pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Russian, Arabic, French
- December 9, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Spanish, Bangla, Korean
- December 14, 2pm to 3pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Chinese (Cantonese), Urdu, Haitian Creole
- January 10, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Russian, Arabic, French
- February 2, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin)
How to join:
- Each event will be hosted live online. Families can join us on Zoom at the event’s start time here: tinyurl.com/2022ESinfo
- Visit schools.nyc.gov/ESEvents 48 hours before the event to find the password and any other information you’ll need to join, as well as how to receive interpretation.