Thank you for your interest in our school. We have finished our information sessions but a copy of some of our slides is located here: School Tour 18Mar 2021
Important: We are listed as The Sixth Avenue Elementary School (02M340) in MySchools. Do NOT add P.S. 340 (10X340) unless you are looking for the PS 340 Pre-K program in the Bronx.
Applying to Pre-K: You can apply either online through your MySchools account, or by calling 718-935-2009. All families with children born in 2017 can apply to Pre-K by April 19, 2021.
For more information on Pre-K admissions, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/
Now through April 19 2021:
- Confirm your zoned elementary school using this link.
- Create an account or log into your MySchools account at www.myschools.nyc and check that all information (address, birthday, etc) is correct.
- Very Important - If you have an older sibling who will be at PS 340 in Fall 2021, make sure they are linked together on your account so you can receive sibling priority.
- You can list up to 12 programs on your application in your order of preference.
- Submit your application by April 19. You should be able to make changes to your application up until the due date. It is not first come, first served so take your time.
- An email will alert you to check your MySchools account for your offer.
- You will automatically be placed on the waitlist of any school you ranked above the school you received an offer from.
- Accept your offer
- Pre-register your child even if you are on waitlists for other schools. This will NOT affect your chance of being offered a spot in any of your waitlisted schools.
Admissions Priority: In District 2, priority admissions go to students who live in the zone. If space allows, students living outside the zone may be offered a seat off the waitlist in the following order:
Out of zone students who will have a sibling at PS 340 in Fall 2021
- All other out of zone students who live in District 2
All students who live outside of District 2
Gifted and Talented: PS 340 does not have a G&T program at our school.
All Other Registrations: Families living in the PS 340 zone with children entering First Grade through Fifth grade should contact Reni, the Parent Coordinator (917-305-1000) or email ReniM.firstname.lastname@example.org.