Thank you for your interest in PS 340 - The Sixth Avenue Elementary School
Children born in 2018 can apply to Kindergarten between December 7, 2022 - January 20, 2023. Important: We are listed as The Sixth Avenue Elementary School (02M340) in MySchools.
Come Visit Us! There will be a school tour for Adults only on February 28, 2023. You can sign up here for that tour.
Applying to Kindergarten and Pre-K for Fall 2023:
You can apply either online through your MySchools account, or by calling 718-935-2009.
All families with children born in 2018 can apply to Kindergarten
All families with children born in 2019 can apply to Pre-K when the application opens in January
For more information on admissions, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade .
- Confirm your zoned elementary school using this link.
- Create an account or log into your MySchools account at www.myschools.nyc and check that all information (address, birthday, etc) is correct.
- Very Important - If you have an older sibling who will be at PS 340 in Fall 2023, make sure they are linked together on your account so you can receive sibling priority.
- You can list up to 12 programs on your application in your order of preference.
- Submit your application by the deadline. You should be able to make changes to your application up until the due date. It is not first come, first served so take your time.
Admissions Priority: In District 2, priority admissions go to students who live in the zone. If space allows, students living outside the zone may be offered a seat off the waitlist in the following order:
- Non-zoned students who will have a sibling at PS 340 in Fall 2023
- Current non-zoned Pre-K Students (for kindergarten applicants)
- All other non-zoned students who live in District 2
- Non zoned students who live outside of District 2
Gifted and Talented: PS 340 does not have a G&T program at our school.
All Other Registrations: Families living in the PS 340 zone with children entering First through Fifth grade should contact Reni, the Parent Coordinator (917-305-1000) or email ReniM.firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOE Information Sessions
For all NYC families with children born in 2018, 2019, and 2020, there will be a virtual information session covering 3-K, pre-K, and kindergarten admissions. After the presentation, there will be a Q&A.
Here is a folder with a flyer to share with families: Elementary School Admissions Events
During each online event, we will discuss:
- How to learn about schools and programs.
- How to navigate MySchools.nyc, the online school directory and application system.
- How to get ready now to apply later.
The content of each event is the same, but different interpretation services will be provided for different events, as follows:
- December 8, 2022, 2pm to 3pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Chinese (Mandarin), French, Urdu
- December 13, 2022, 2pm to 3pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Bangla, Korean, Spanish
- January 12, 2023, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Arabic, Haitian Creole, Russian
- January 26, 2023, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Chinese (Mandarin), French, Urdu
- February 1, 2023, 2pm to 3pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Arabic, Haitian Creole, Russian
- February 15, 2023, 6pm to 7pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Bangla, Korean, Spanish
How to join:
· Each event will be hosted live online. Join us on Zoom at the event’s start time here: https://bit.ly/
· IMPORTANT NOTE: Check your email or visit schools.nyc.gov/ESEvents