Thank you for your interest in our school. Due to COVID-19, we hosted a virtual information sessions on January 7 for KINDERGARTEN admissions. The slides from the session can be found here: School Tour 12Dec17 ONLINE.pptx
We will hold a session for Pre-K in February.
Applying to Kindergarten: You can apply either online through your MySchools account, or by calling 718-935-2009. All families with children born in 2016 need to apply to Kindergarten by Tuesday January 19, 2021. Information for Pre-K applications have not been released yet.
For more information on Kindergarten admissions, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/
- Confirm your zoned elementary school using this link.
- Log into your MySchools account at www.myschools.nyc which you used to apply to Pre-K and check that all information (address, birthday, etc) is correct.
- Very Important - If you have an older sibling who will be at PS 340 in Fall 2021, make sure they are linked together on your account so you can receive sibling priority.
Now through January 19 2021:
- You can list up to 12 programs on your Kindergarten application in your order of preference.
- Submit your application by January 19. You should be able to make changes to your application up until January 19. It is not first come, first served so take your time.
- An email will alert you to check your MySchools account for your offer.
- You will automatically be placed on the waitlist of any school you ranked above the school you received an offer from.
- Pre-register your child even if you are on waitlists for other schools. This will NOT affect your chance of being offered a spot in any of your waitlisted schools.
Admissions Priority: In District 2, priority admissions go to students who live in the zone. If space allows, students living outside the zone may be offered a seat off the waitlist in the following order:
Out of zone students who will have a sibling at PS 340 in Fall 2021
Out of zone students enrolled at our Pre-K
All other out of zone students who live in District 2
All students who live outside of District 2
Gifted and Talented: PS 340 does not have a G&T program at our school.
Families living in the PS 340 zone with children entering First Grade through Fifth grade should contact Reni, the Parent Coordinator (917-305-1000) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.